Postpartum Doula Care
Bluegrass Doulas are compassionate experts on the postpartum experience.
With your prenatal focus on the birth itself and the preparation of your home for the arrival of your newborn, many families are surprised by the challenges that a newborn can bring. How is it that a 7 pound tiny person can cause us to second guess our abilities and make us feel completely incompetent?
Don’t worry! You don’t have to do this on your own. If you’ve never done this before, you can’t expect to be a pro in the first few days. If you have done it before and now you are navigating a toddler at the same time, go easy on yourself. It’s a huge adjustment. But, with the support of an expert from Bluegrass Doulas, you’ll be amazed at how quickly the new routines associated with being the parents of a newborn catch on.
Whether your concerns are on the:
- Breast or bottle feeding
- Newborn bathing
- Soothing techniques
- Sleep or the lack there of
- Personal recovery from birth
- Light household chores
- Meal preparation
- The care of other children
- Safest practices
- Building your breast pump
- Pumping and storing milk
- Making and storing formula
- Sanitization and sterilization
- Local resources
- Adjusting to parenthood
- Validating the signs of normal postpartum emotions
- Recognizing the signs of the baby blues and postpartum depression
- Affirming your motherly intuition
- Support through the challenges and triumphs